Steel Express installs new Integrated Flying Bridge Waterjet Cutting System
Steel Express is pleased to announce the installation of a new Integrated Flying Bridge Waterjet Cutting System. The IFB 3018 is capable of cutting complex shapes and parts in almost any material from various metals to stone, glass, ceramics, plastics and composites, all up to 20cm (8 inches) thick.
Steel Express Managing Director, Mark Nicholls said: “Since moving to our larger premises this year we have been able to expand not only our stock range, but also our cutting capability. We can now offer even more flexibility to our customers. Waterjet cutting systems cut parts with no heat affected zone so secondary finishing is usually unnecessary.”
The waterjet system cuts virtually any shape in a single step with an edge quality that usually requires no secondary finishing. Since the cuts are made by erosion, rather than shearing or heat, they produce exceptional edge quality without inducing heat affected zones or mechanical stresses. Raw materials maintain their structural integrity, and deburring and other secondary finishing are usually not required.
Mark continues: “The new waterjet cutting system complements our existing services like bandsaw and flame cutting. It also allows us to turn around jobs very quickly because of the rapid programming and the fact that different jobs don’t require different complex tool set ups.”
About Steel Express
Based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, Steel Express are steel suppliers and stockholders. Stock is deliver on its own fleet of dedicated vehicles locally and nationally quickly and efficiently on the day we say we will.
- Free-issue precision cutting service on bars up to 1300 mm x 800mm.
- We offer a cutting service from 5mm dia up to 850mm diva.
- Waterjet cutting up to 200mm thickness.
- Flame cutting is available up to 300mm thick in most specs.
- Shearing up to 20mm thick in mild steel aluminium and stainless steel.
- Plasma cutting up to 100mm thick in stainless steel.
- Lumsden grinding up to 2500mm x 2000mm.
- Fabrication, drilling, forging and press braking service available on request.
Unit 1 Showell Road